I have a bet with someone who can cycle just a little bit better than me. Our average is about 30 km/h for 75 km in a group. We always cycle together with some friends on Monday evenings (using Racing bicycles).
Now, we have a bet to have a match the 2nd of September.
I already have some improvements in mind, but I don't know which will improve my performance the most.
Here is what is possible:
- Sport, half hour in the morning, an hour in the evening (perhaps 1,5 in the evening)
- Food improvement
- No alcohol when going out
- Sleep more
- ... For you to help
Here are some random facts about me:
- Going out on the weekend - mostly drink some when I don't drive, but I won't drink anything for the next month (or more).
- Don't need a lot sleep, 4 hours is normally enough. I sleep 6 hours on Saturday nights.
- Don't eat that healthy, but will improve that and I will eat more frequently and better the next month, to lose some weight also (currently at 92,5 kg for 178 cm).
- I sport frequently (swim 2 km. crawl and cycling), Monday is always a cycling day, Tuesday is always a swimming day. The rest of the week it depends on the weather / friends / ... But for the next month, my friends are less important. It's the result that matters.
- Currently don't have a heart meter.
- The day of the "bet", I could take start working a couple of hours sooner, so I could rest some time before the match.
- Suggesting another sport for some days, is okay for me. I can buy a subscription to the gym, but I have some gear at my home. (Eg. dumbbells, sledge hammer and a tractor tire, stability ball, climbing rope, pull up bar)
What I want to know:
- What should I do in my training the next month, to optimize my results for a cycling "match" in about a month. The match itself will start in the evening (18:30) and after my work (I'm always a little tired at the beginning. I'm a programmer - so I sit the whole day).
I already have a basic cycling "fysique", I'm ready to do HIIT,... a lot to get my results optimized.