Eat the yolk part (yellow part) of the eggs; it's very good for you. The yolk actually increases the good cholesterol in your body ( this, this) as well as provide a host of other nutrients such as
- Vitamin A, which helps your eye sight
- Vitamin B, which is good for your brain, energy, etc
- Vitamin D for strong bones and good skin
- Vitamin K which helps your blood clot better
- Calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin.... (you get the point).
Unless the yolk's being used for something else, tell your friend to stop wasting food. You don't need to eat 12 eggs to be fit.
Just eat 2 or 3 full eggs (preferably boiled) and you obtain the proper nutrition you need from it.
Remember that you still need fiber, carbs, and other nutrients that cannot be gotten from eggs alone. So, try to eat a balanced diet meal.
Eat fruits daily (if possible); they satisfy you and provide you the fiber and nutrients your body needs.
More importantly, you don't need to eat like your friend to be fit. Just eat right and exercise right. If you've got the time to eat, you've got the time to exercise.
Perform cardio, lift weights, and have fun with your life :).
Other good sources of protein include:
- Fish such as salmon
- Lean meat such as chicken, turkey, and beef
- Nuts such as pistachio, cashew, and nuts
- Legumes such as beans
- Milk and cheese
These are just some of the protein-rich food items. Search google for more options.
Eat right and exercise and you'll be as fit as your friend :).