I have few doubt about calories. (3 questions)
My measurement : Height 5 feet 11 inches Weight: 75 Kg
Other than at my lower belly, I have not much visible fat in my body. Lets for an example, I limit myself to 1200 calories per day
Do I have to burn > 1200 calories per day to reduce my belly fat? Is it practically possible to loose > 1200 calories per day for about a month or two, shouldn't that can affect my body?
Also, I have started doing
- Squat (100 at a time - once in a day )
- Rope jumping (75 at a time - twice a day)
- Pushup (inner, outer, wide = 30 at a time - once in a day)
- Regular abs exercise (different type of crunches = 40 - once in a day)
- Normal routine work (like walking for about 10-15 min, working on computer for about 6-7 hours, normal house work for about 20 min per day)
My diet includes
- Morning: 1 liter milk (6% fat) with multi grain oats
- Lunch: some vegetables and pulses (Indian food) - sum up to 300-400 calories
- Afternoon : Apple
- Night: 1 Apple, 1 Orange, 2 Banana and 1 nutrilite multivitamin and multimineral tablet
I started doing this for a week and I can see a little progress on my upper belly (seems like a part of six pack - which aren't very strange because I don't have much fat over there)
I have seen people has transformed completely in 30-60 days program. What am I missing in my exercise or in my diet?
Also, is it true that more muscle burns more calorie? Like a car with 1000 horse power engine burn more gas than 200 horse power engine.. Do I have to really hit the gym and to do intense workout?