Physical Fitness Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for physical fitness professionals, athletes, trainers, and those providing health-related needs. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

One of the players in my favourite sporting team the (Go the All Blacks!) does this interesting rotating exercise. My question; I'm wondering what the exercise is called, what benefits would you gain from the exercise/ the muscles it affects and how to preform the right technique. From the clip it almost looks like some kind of strengthening for the core.

Please view Rotating and lifting heavy plates the exercise is at index 1.50 minutes.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Around the head plate drill......I've heard it call the plate crown also. Here's a link to the Men's Health version of it: enter image description here

share|improve this answer
interesting, thank you! – Jared Sep 30 '11 at 21:15

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.