I have started to change my diet and attempt to become more healthy with the goals of being in much better shape, becoming healthier, and feeling better overall. With this in mind, I have done my best to either eliminate all together or massively minimize my soda consumption, drink large amounts of water, restrict carbs, lower significantly the amount of calories in my meals, etc. My typical meal plan now looks like the following:
- High protein shake for breakfast - mixed with water
- Handful of peanuts mid-morning for snack
- Lunch is usually a flax and low card tortilla with fresh spinach and sliced deli meat
- Handful of peanuts mid-afternoon for snack
- Supper is either another wrap like lunch or something with high protein content, sometimes it is just another shake like for breakfast
- Try to drink nothing but water or tea during the day but usually water
The trouble that I have started having is a reduce amount of energy or feeling of fatigue. I am wanting to start something like P90/P90X but do not think that I could complete it right now due to sluggishness and general malaise. Is there something that I should be doing differently to help with this? How can I continue to be healthy and increase my energy levels? Note that I would still like to keep carbs and/or calories low to help loose weight.