Physical Fitness Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for physical fitness professionals, athletes, trainers, and those providing health-related needs. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

A gym had a machine which allowed the user to sit on its chair and push the pedals back with his feat, the pedals had variable weights.

this was attached to a very big equipment with many other exercise,

I would like to know the name of the equipment which would offer such exercise so a purchase could be made for local store.

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

It sounds like what you are describing might be a leg press. As for being attached to other weightlifting apparatuses, I don't have any idea which one it could be. This particular image though is from a Powerline Home Gym. From what I can gather from Body-Solid (the company that manufacturers this equipment), there is a leg press attachment that is sold separately from their home gyms.

Powerline P1X Home Gym - Leg Press

share|improve this answer
wrong: "this was attached to a very big equipment with many other exercise" That's not a leg press mate. – James South Feb 10 '12 at 16:53

I take it you are talking about something like one of these?


That would be something called a multigym

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.