I'm getting into strength training, following the Starting Strength program, and they advise strongly to buy some weightlifting shoes. (Currently, I'm using some tough hiking sneakers, and don't feel any problems.) What's a good shoe for a beginner?
- I want to stay on a budget (ideally < $50, but, if impossible, I might pay more)
- Good protection, stability, and traction
- I'm not (yet?) lifting very heavy weights (still under body weight)
- I do a warm up of treadmill, eliptical, and jumping jacks - I need to be able to do that in the same shoes
- Would be great if the shoes could be used for jogging too, but, if that's not possible, I'll forgo it
UPDATE: Am I better off waiting a month or two and buying a $100+ shoe, or buying a cheaper one now and sticking with it?
Also: Can I do my warm up in a standard weight lifting (not cross fit) shoe? It's only 5-10 minutes.