I am looking for a device that I can use to measure how many calories I burn.
Features I am looking for
- Take in my weight into consideration to give accurate calories burned.
- Takes in factors like going up stairs might burn more than walking on flat ground.
- Accurate(I would settle for 80% to 90%)
- This might be a stretch but maybe something to help give me ballpark number of calorie burn when I am doing weight lifting.
So I been searching around and not sure what is good and not good.
I am not too crazy about it for a couple reasons
- It seems like it would be another thing I need to have in pockets and look after
- Even though the sleep thing would be nice I don't think it is essential(and from I read it is not that accurate)
- I use myfitnesspal already to log my calories so I think a tool that allows you to log calories is redundant
I been checking out for Pedometers that are also watches. I found a couple but I am not sure how accurate they are and if they constantly are monitoring(I read some watches only track calories if you manually tell it you will be doing a work about between x times.)
All the watches I seen so far also include heart monitors so I guess that is an added feature benefit??
So those are the ones I found so far no clue which one is better.
$100 is really the max I am willing to spend but $50 or less is what I am really looking for. The watch also has to either ship to Canada or be at a well known store that I can jump across the border or buy in Canada.