I've been googling for hours and I'm still not sure how to resolve this situation.
Defining the problem
- many articles on the web are written for heavy people with relatively high body fat percentage
- the articles are inconclusive on how much protein should a person consume per 1 meal
- the amount of protein per 1 meal times number of meals doesn't equal the recommended value for low LBM people
Putting down the exact values
- my exact total body weight is 63 kg (134 lbs)
- my body fat percentage is around 6%
- my lean body mass (LBS) is 57 kg (126 lbs)
The photo of me with the values stated above, provided for better understanding of the situation:
What I do and what this question is and isn't about
- I lift weights 5 times a week
- In this question, I want to discuss protein and protein only. The consumption of carbohydrates and/or fats should be completely irrelevant to this thread
- I do not want to gain fat
The recommended rules
The recommended rule no. 1:
"One needs to consume 20 grams of protein per one meal for the body to start repairing muscle tissue."
The recommended rule no. 2:
One needs to consume 25 grams of protein per one meal for the body to start repairing muscle tissue."
The recommended rule no 3:
"Do not consume more than 30 grams of protein per one meal, as the body cannot make use of more and will store the rest into fat.
The recommended rule no. 4:
"The total amount of protein consumed per day should be 2 times your body weight in kg." (this number varies)
The recommended rule no. 5:
"Eat at least 6 meals a day."
The problem arising from the rules above
Let's say that consuming 20 grams of protein per 1 meal is enough. If we multiply it by 6 meals a day, that makes it 120 grams of protein per day, which is only a bit more than what one of the rules say: 2 times 57 (LMS in kg) = 114 grams of protein per day.
However, if the rule about consuming 20 grams of protein per 1 meal is wrong and it should be 25 grams per 1 meal, it would make it 25 x 6 = 150 grams of protein per day, which is a lot more what I should consume. If the rule is correct at all, right?
So is the rule correct? Should I consume only 114 grams of protein per day? That seems like quite a low number to me.
Could someone shed a light on this once and for all?