I started going to the gym around June/July, and so far not doing too badly.
I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 12 and a half stone (175 lbs). Not too fat or not too skinny.
Here is my current workout:
- Mondays: 20 minutes on the treadmill at 11 speed. 45mins doing resistance training on my upper body/arms
- Tuesdays: Same as Mondays
- Wednesday: Rest
- Thursday: 45mins resistance training on upper body and then 20mins on the treadmill, 11 speed
- Friday: 45mins resistance training on upper body. 20mins treadmill at 11 speed again. Then swimming for 30mins doing front crawl (50m non-stop, 1-2min rest, do another 50m, 10x times).
- Saturday: 20mins on treadmill, 45mins of resistance training, 30-40mins of swimming again, front crawl.
For resistance training I typically do this:
- Chest press(50kg)
- Shoulder press(45kg)
- Dumbbells (biceps 12.5kg, triceps 15kg).
- Bench press(30kg using dumbbells of 15kg each)
- Lat pull downs(45/50kg).
Each exercise I do 4-6 sets of 10 reps with a 30-60second break between each rep.
- Morning: Dried cereals, and a few oranges later in the morning
- Lunch: Chicken and rice (various type, curry, filipino dishes etc etc) or pasta.
- Evenings: Sometimes the same chicken and rice/pasta plus sometimes steak, pork or fish dishes for dinner.
I do not take any protein shakes though.
Develop a bit of muscle mass (Similar to Daniel Craig ;) ) whilst having healthy stamina and not being overweight.
Is there anything I can do differently to help produce more muscle mass and be more toned up? So far I don't look TOO bad, but still far off from looking like Daniel Craig.
Do I need to adjust my diet a bit? Am I taking in enough protein and do I need protein shakes? If I do need a protein shake, which one? I am allergic to dairy products and most protein shakes have dairy?