This is about my fitness and my effort to make it right.
Working male 24 years with 214 pounds in US. I have a male breasts and also a big tummy. I suffered from asthma for a long time. Did gym for a brief period of 2 months and left it afterwards because of work pressure.
Now 2 years after my last effort I went to gym and I ran @4mph for 30 mins burning 220 calories on the treadmill. I did it for 3 days and left it as I felt too tired to do anything afterwards. In an effort to control diet I did my best to limit calories for a while (just limit not on a hunger strike). It went well for some time, but then my diet, work, gym efforts all messed up together and fell apart.
I read many diet articles and completely messed up. I have nobody to guide me in weights. The only exercise I can do is treadmill and cycling. I am not sure which exercises I should be doing. I am just not confident of looking into websites for guidance because I don't follow what they say and also not sure at what weight to begin with and what pattern to follow.
My life is a mess now with no friends and no one to share. But luckily I don't drink and eat cheese. So I have nobody to ask for help except you. I feel sometime difficult to breathe after like 3 floors of steps
These are my problems;
When I come back after work 7-7 Including travel I am too tired to even walk to gym.
With all my efforts if I go to gym I do very little and nothing else other than treadmill.
After that when I come back my life is a pause as I am totally tired I am not sure what to eat what not to eat on a daily basis.
My problem is 3 phased:
- Mentally i feel I am not worth of anything except work. So my priority goes to at least sticking to my job and I feel just too tired after work to go to gym
- I don't eat vegetables at all and I tried several times. I can be without food but cannot eat veggies. I like only spicy foods. (my diet includes rice or frozen chapatis, chicken, bread and some side has little oil and eggs and coffee with milk 3 times a day. but don't drink any carbonated drinks). Some days I feel like not to eat and someday to eat a lot.
- Gym - I just don't have any idea of what type of exercises to do. I am not sure what and where to start. Specially what weights to begin and what types of exercises are available.
- I feel only if someone gives me confidence any body who can give me confidence and how to prepare mentally to go to gym.
- I want to hear from YOU what is the correct diet to follow. Give me exactly in terms of actual food. I am so confused with so many diets around. Please specify, I will follow blindly all these everyday, something I can take into confidence directly. (e.g never eat rice - OK I will stop; eat 1 egg everyday without oil - OK, done)
- Give me a good gym routine like:
run 30 1day.
do 40 pound exercise of this every other day etc then increase by 5 after a months.
eat this before gym so that you can do gym.
or I read somewhere we should eat half out immediately after gym something like that.
- How to feel energized to gym after coming home. Sleeping for one hour is not an option as it affects my sleeping pattern.
I know this is too much to ask for. I am just confused and I am not doing anything at all. Help me if possible else please don't abuse me it will only let me down in trying to get better. I have tried and failed several times but don't want to give up. I was thinking if someone with true knowledge can tell me something. I can believe it better than my own research and do it blindly. Then get some results and get some confidence and I can build myself later.
I am not in a position to consult any physician or somebody. Its just you, me and Internet.