I am a CS student and hence spend long hours sitting on my desk. I am trying to establish a routine targeted towards cardio (since I have had asthma in the past) and building muscle mass(since my upper body is rather skinny).
My current routine is basically :
- Mild Stretching
- Walking 1.5 km, 15 min
- Jogging, started with a 5 minute jog covering around 950m. Add 15-20 seconds every few days, with proportional increments in distance.
- Walking, around >1km, dependent on jogging distance
- Crunches, sets of 10, adding a set every few days. Currently at 5 sets.
- Sit-ups, sets of 10, adding a set every few days. Currently at 3 sets.
- Push-ups, sets of 10. Currently at 2 sets.
I usually do cardio and muscle on alternate days. Sometimes, if I am up to it, I do them together as well. I tend to stay out of gyms, and for now, there is no gym nearby.
What should I add to either routine to make them more effective? Total duration including warm-up and cool-down should ideally be ~1 hour.