I was am about o change my routine (next week), and wish to try a Push/Pull split. I never trained in this split, but would like to try, I have looked for online routines, but it seems target to those who hit the gym 4 times a week, or put the legs on separate days, wich I wouldn't like to do.
I have the days Monday, Tuesday and Thursday only, so i would be Mon: A, Tue: B, Thu: A, Mon: B, and so on... My goals are to improve posture and get bigger arms. I also know I'm overweight and a bit high on BF, I will correct my diet, as currently I'm eating too much junk.
My stats are: I'm 24yo, have 5'9 (1,75m) and 213lbs (97kg), more or less 22%BF (measured about 2 months ago)
- Deadlift 12/10/8/5/5/5 (will try to do linear weight progression)
- Lying Hamstring Curl 4x10
- Wide-grip seated row 3x10
- Dumbbell unilateral row 3x10
- Chin-up 3x6
- Inclined Dumbbell Curls 3x8
- Scott Dumbbell Curls 3x8
- Plank 3x30 secs
- Squat 10/10/10 (lightweigth due to fear and knee problems in the past)
- Leg Press 10/10/10 (will try to do linear weight progression)
- Bench 12/10/8/6/6 (will try to do linear weight progression)
- Peck Deck 3x10
- Push-up 3x10
- Lying Triceps Extension (H-Shape Barbell) 3x8
- Pulley Triceps 3x8
- Standing Calves Extensions 4x12
- Sit-ups 3x12
My concerns are about the routine balance, volume and order/selection of exercises. For example, I may be missing some shoulder work, and is it okay to do planks on A and Sit-ups on B?