For a few months, I'm not going to have access to my gym. What I do have access to is:
- A power tower a.k.a chin-up/dip station
- 2 x 8kg dumbbells
- An ab roller
- Some push-up handles
When I say "power tower", this is the kind of equipment I'm talking about. However, the one I have has two handles where the palms face each other in the middle, with no mid-section to the chin-up bar.
Previously the majority of my workouts have been traditionally strength based with barbells and dumbells. While its not what I'm used to a body-weight only (mostly) workout for a few months seems like an interesting challenge.
I am planning on cycling through a 3 day routine, doing a set of exercises on Mon-Wed, repeating on Thu-Sat and then resting/running on Sunday. For the routine I'm aiming for these kinds of numbers/exercises I'm planning to build up to [reps x sets]:
Back - Mon/Thu:
- Wide grip pull-ups - 10 x 3
- Pull-ups - 10 x 3
- Neutral grip pull-ups - 10 x 3
- Bent-over lateral raises - 10x2 + 1 set to failure (targeting posterior deltoid) (Perhaps?)
Chest - Tue/Fri:
- Wall supported hand stand push-ups - 8x5
- Dips - 10 x 5
- Wide hand push-ups - 10 x 3
- Lateral raises - 10x2 + 1 set to failure
Legs/Core - Wed/Sat:
- Pistol squats - 10 x 3 (per leg)
- Ab roller - 10 x 3
- Hanging oblique crunch - 10x2 (per side)
- Bird-dog - 10 x 3
I don't come close to some of the rep ranges listed (except for dips). I've never done a handstand in my adult life. I don't have any posterior chain work for hamstrings/glute/lower back. I'd like a little more variety on back day just to keep everything balanced.
- Maintain or improve muscle mass (especially in the arms and lats)
- Hypertrophy for abs/oblique/serratus to improve 6-pack (yes, it's mostly diet but I have that under control)
- Increase max reps for strict pull-ups
- Progress to single-armed pull-ups
- Progress to free-standing handstands and free-standing push-ups
If I want to maintain or improve my general physique, without degrading my shoulder health or posture, how could I improve this workout plan based on my given limitations?