I know several different methods of how to load a bulgarian split squat:
- use dumbbells or kettlebells by your sides
- use a dumbbell or a kettlebell in goblet position
- use a barbell in front squat position
- use a barbell in back squat position
- use a barbell between your legs
How does those loading techniques compare with respect to:
- which muscles are involved more or less
- functional training effects
- which joints are stressed more or less
Are there any good reasons to prefer one of them?
Are there any points in technique which changes significantly with the loading technique?