TL:DR I want to do one day weights, next day sprint, repeat. Viable?
Is lifting weights every second day, and sprinting every alternate second day a viable plan?
I am 6ft tall at 78kg(172lb), and do the lifts:
DL,Squats,BarBench,BarRows,BarbOverhead mainly. I am working on strength primarily with my weights. I believe squats and DL might have some trouble in regards to spriting viability.
- I am willing to rest two days a week
- Currently I lift every second day(and am progressing slowly in strength gains)
- I will be eating at a caloric surplus
- I want to gain strength simultaneously
- Bench - 1RM 110kg
- Squat - I didn't realise I was above parallel for a very long time, so it was ~160kg, now below parallel it has went from 80kg starting to 100kg(only found out recently) for 3x5.
- Overhead - 1RM 70kg
- BarbRow - 1RM 70kg
- Deadlift - 1RM 130kgraw, 155kg straps
Never done any sprinting and have no experience, haven't jogged in a long time either.