I would like to start alternating workouts/stretchings that I can do from home (with my limited equipment, listed below), with gym sessions (because I am a student, I have access to a full equiped gym).
My home equipment is very scarse, and consists of the following:
- A stretching mat
- A yoga ball (which I usually use for sitting when I am working on my laptop)
- Something similar to the pictured below, which is usually used for push-ups
My question is not how to start a home workouts (there are already good answers here and here regarding that topic; I have also looked into this), but rather how to combine a mix of home workouts and gym 2x per week.
- I am 23, 6'4, 93 kg, fit.
- I have had a couple operations on my right leg in the past, including a torn ACL. Because of this I would like to avoid running as cardio.
- This is maybe a soft-question, but I am also interested in personal experiences: what works for you?
My objectives are:
- Gaining strength, building muscle and also very important to gain flexibility/coordination. As a "big" person, it is something I would like to improve.
- I don't have any specific sport in mind. But in the past I have played (and would like to start with again) basketball. I also would like to start skiing/snowboarding next winter.
- Mostly it is that I like to be fit and exercising in general to fill my time with other things besides studying/working.