A little background: In January of last year, I decided to shed some weight. I was then 97 Kg (213 pounds), and 1.93 meters tall (6.3 feet). Even without working out, last September, I weighed 82 Kg (180 pounds). (To be fair the diet has been rather blunt: I stopped eating, basically. I lost 10 Kg (22 pounds) in the first 2 months and then 5 kg (11 pounds) in the following 3. Don't know if this is relevant, anyhow). I then started working out according to the following schedule:
- 2 runs per week (at the beginning it was 6 Km (3.7 miles) at about 8 kph (4.97 mph). Now I do 7.5 Km (4.66 miles) at about 11 kph (6.83 mph). So it is about 40 minutes.
- 2 times per week a full-body workout at the gym; not going into detail here, but if you want I'll add something! Anyhow it lasts about 1 hour.
Now of course I have seen some improvement, especially at the beginning, but there are a couple of problems.
1) I don't feel so in shape. Even if I miss one time I start to feel a little overweight, more "heavy" so to speak.
2) I like to play soccer, and even though running greatly increased my efficacy, I find myself heavy on the field. I can run forth and back without too much trouble, but when I have to sprint (or to kick the ball really hard), I disappoint myself. I don't feel the muscle in my legs are really "strong". Also, there is a great variance in how I feel when I run. Sometimes, I feel so heavy I really need to push to complete the 7.5 Km. Other times, I feel very good. I suppose this is normal (?)
3) I still have a little "bud" (I don't know how to say that in English, it's the fat in the lower part of the stomach just above the pelvis). It's better than before, but it is about two months that the situation seems to be stabilized (or maybe even worse a little bit). Maybe my metabolism adjusted to this workout, but what do I have to do now?
4) This is a minor point and may be just an impression, but when I went to the gym (about 2 years ago), my muscle grew much more than now. Now I am feeling that, even if the weight I lift is about the same than two years ago, my muscle are not so big. Can this be due to the running? Mind you, I am happy to have muscle which are well-defined over too big, but maybe is there something I am doing wrong?
My diet is not that great, I admit it. I don't control the portions. It's generally pasta with tuna or pasta with ragù. Or, frozen meat. No fish (except from tuna, no vegetables (I don't like them! Maybe you can advise something?) and generally not much else.
What do you advise concerning the aforementioned points? Am I asking too much, or maybe I work out too little?
Thank you in advance ;-)