I'm planning to run at least 5 times a week with the aim to lose weight and improve my overall health. Now I want to know how should prepare myself with regards to eating and drinking to get the most out of my run. I guess that means: to be able to run harder and longer - and indeed, caring about wear and tear on your body. For example should I:
- Drink water or not drink before?
- Eat immediately before, or a long time before?
- Eat bananas for their potassium
- Consume drinks with electrolytes
- Take any specific vitamins or minerals?
How is one supposed to prepare one's self for jogging?