Whenever I lift weights even in a circuit training format ( fast paced lower weights and high volume) I get extremely fatigued over the next two days, almost dizzy like and I am not myself. This happens only with weight lifting not cardio exercise. I do run a few times(half hour run at around 7.5-8 mph) a week and my body recovers well from it. What can possibly be causing this
If you really checked your blood pressure and you're sure that your vitals are excellent, then check these 4 probable factors:
Check if you're eating enough food, and by food I mean REAL food:
- Try to eat at least 5 servings of veggies & fruits a day.
- Consume food that will give you enough energy to face your workout routine like granola, milk, quinoa ..(also Whey if you're into that kind of stuff too)
- Avoid soda, fast foods and high sugar snacks.
- You should really get at least 7 hours of good sleep every night.
- Favor nocturnal sleep between sunset and sunrise.
- Look out for stress symptoms that you might face at home, school or work.
- This can have a huge effect on your mind and body strength, and should be reduced.
- You can try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, yoga or martial arts lessons.
- This normally happens if you're still a beginner and don't give your muscles enough time to restore the damage cells and completely recover.
- Avoid going hard and intense in every session, normally one day a week is more than enough to challenge your body and mind. You can go easy and focus on good form and enjoying your workout in the other days.
Remember, fitness or bodybuilding is consistency, it's a whole life program where the tiny things can matter.
Hope this will help you get pass that fog and dizziness and that you will soon be able to go back to your workout normally.
Good day to you.