I used to go this gym which had an equipment for back muscles training. The equipment helped me get rid of horrendous back pain I had for several years.

I am looking to buy one of these for myself but I don't know the name. Could someone please tell me the name and possibly refer me to a photo/website that shows one of those.

This is a sketch of the equipment.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


Yes, the exercise is commonly referred to as a "back raise", and is done on a pretty rudimentary piece of equipment.

Here are some you can buy on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/back-extension-bench

At some point, you might feel the need to add resistance, so you could incorporate holding some weight plates, or something equivalent.

  • Thank you very much for both the answer and the advise for using weight.
    – wmac
    Apr 10, 2016 at 2:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.