This article says these twins do 2000 squats per day. I'm up to 75. I squat straight down, then straight up, even holding a 5 lb weight behind my back. My jeans only feel tight around my thighs. What am I doing wrong?
Where to begin...
Lets assess what is right:
- Squats are a great exercise to build muscle in the glutes (butt).
- To build muscle in a specific area, you need to use weights to build up the muscle in that area.
What is wrong:
- Squats alone will get you a 'four foot butt'.
- The pictured physique is healthy for you and your spine.
Taking a look at the article, there are some good points to take away:
the sisters sustain their fit frames using the regimen he created, which includes a mixture of boxing, weight training, MMA, plyometrics
A solid exercise routine is only half the battle for these two, as they maintain their 36-22-46 measurements with an identical diet of smoothies, salads, protein shakes and fat burners as well.
“We generally stick to a healthy diet and it’s the same all the time. We are very strict about this,” Miriam notes.
So in summary, these two ladies get their physique from:
- (implied) Bodyweight squats
- High Protein Diet
- Fat burning supplements
All of the above contribute to their physique but I am confident that the key to their posterior size is down to:
- High Protein Diet
To answer your question "How do I get a four foot butt":
- Have good genetics
- Eat a lean, high protein diet matched to your workout regime
- Start weightlifting, squats, deadlifts are your key exercises here. You should be aiming to lift a significant amount of weight (up to and exceeding 1.5x your bodyweight.
- Work with a expert to develop a fitness plan.
- Exercise 5-6 times a week for substantial time.
To answer your question "Why are only my legs getting bigger"
Look at the size of their legs, they are huge. Squats work your quads a lot which explains your tight jeans.
To track your progress, get out a tape measure and take photos. You will not see the difference if you look in the mirror everyday.