I am searching for some test or competition, what measures the level of GPP.
The test should be:
- complete - it should test absolute strength, relative strength and endurance (maybe more types of endurance)
- easy measurable and repeatable - every healthy person should be able to do it with standard equipment and minimum time of preparation (to learn the test skills safely should not take more than few weeks).
- the test should emphasize balance - it should not be possible to obtain good score with just one skill. Rather the test should cause a bad ranking for everybody with lack in one of the skills.
- all exercises in test should be save and not stupid
- test should be universal (the results should not be directly dependent on bodyweight or height)
- it would be great if the test already have long scoreboards across population from amateurs to elites validated by some authority
Other notes: (edit)
According to first answer I realized few other points. Keep them in mind:
- Pushups for high reps are endurance test (not the relative strength test)
- Benchpress and situps are not directly related to GPP, thus they are irrelevant
Because of the above points, all military/firemen/... selection tests what I find out have only small value from GPP point of view. Those tests mainly consist only from endurance or irrelevant events.
So far I have found just the Tactical Strength Challenge http://www.strongfirst.com/tactical-strength-challenge/
Is there anything else?