I am finding that my hard runs (5.31min/km) my avg HR is around 160, but I am not running to exhaustion by any means, and recover pretty well after 10min rest or so. Usually use a harder negative split (5.15 min/km) for last 2 km.
Am i running too hard for my age? Should I back off my training?
- 60yr old male - fairly unfit 12 months ago - 91kg, 172cm
- started walking/jogging and reducing calorie intake
- Introduced running 6mnths ago - around 15km/week
- Added gym (stretches/weights/rowing) 3 months ago, around a 55min session -4/week
- increasing running (3xweek) up to 25km/week
Currently working as 4x per week at gym (55 mins) and 3x per week running (up to 25km total)
I am now down to 78kg, and resting HR is around 64bpm (via fitbit)
I aim for one hard run/week (7km), one longer run (60 minutes), and one easier run 7km in around 45minutes