In the last six months I've lost around 34/35kg. Though I'm skeptical myself a lot of people have told me that I've lost a lot of weight and they can see it. My initial goal was to get to 75kg and reassess my options there. However I'm now considering starting exercises to tone up my stomach area as of the start of next month (the time I usually add a new exercise to my regime) and was looking for advice on how I go about doing this.
I'll list my current exercise regime in case it can assist at all/for general feedback on what people think of it.
- Walking around 5 kilometers a day (Can vary)
- Running 300 meters three days a week (Varies now since I run a bit more)
- Running 700/800 meters two days a week (Also varies, did three up until this week)
- Kettlebell swings (6 days a week, 3 sets, 10 reps, 16kg) (Did this in an attempt to improve my back, I was in a car accident and it got pretty messed up two years ago and was a source of a lot of pain so I wanted to work on it and fix that, looked into it when I started as even the little running I was doing was resulting in my back hurting a lot, has gotten better as times progressed though)
- Leg curls (6 days, 3 sets, 10 reps, 40kg) (Started doing these this month. I decided to try these to see if I could tone my legs up a bit and make them stronger. Initially when I started this exercise regime at the beginning of the new year and I was doing a little bit of running and my legs and ankles were in agony. Though this had improved drastically in the months since I thought adding leg curls might be helpful as I am determined to increase my running distances over time)
- Continuous running (Saturdays) (Did 1km Saturday, would've had 2 or so small breaks looking at my distance, weak as I know. I was aiming to do 2 kilometers when I started but unfortunately I just caved in too easily. I'll build up to 2 kilometers and reassess when I get there)
I do a rest day on Friday so I'm going six days a week normally. If I'm really busy or the weathers really bad I'll sometimes not do a full six day week.
It's also probably important to add that I've been dieting and still am. At times you could also most likely say that my dieting had been very aggressive.
Breakfast: One yohurt, around 90 calories and low fat, flavors and exact calories vary
Lunch: Salad sandwich, sometimes there's also chicken in it maybe once a week
Dinner: Salad alongside a main meal containing some kind of meat (Varies, use to just be salad normally until I started my leg curls)
Drinks: Water, two coffees a day (completely cut out sugar with my coffee now), green tea with lunch and half a cup of milk after I exercise (No alcohol now unless I'm out with friends)
(If I'm out with friends the diet can fluctuate, coffee count can also if it's during the day. Never see them anymore though so it's hardly relevant unfortunately)
- 6ft tall
- Started at 117kg
- Around 83kg now, just went into the healthy weight range BMI category
- Gained a lot of the weight in 20 months but not all
Any advice or feedback is gratefully appreciated. If you need any additional advice please let me know.