- I’m a 33 year old male.
- 5’11. 156 pounds. I'm approx 14% bodyfat.
I’m looking to get ‘fit’. I’ve worked out (5km-half marathon, swimming, squat, bench) at various times in my life and tracked calories, macros etc.
Current Stats Have not worked out in a few years.
- Can run 5km in about 23 mins
- Can do half marathon in around 2hrs
Strength (have not lifted in a few years) - 1 rep max
- Prob Bench around 100 pounds
- Prob Squat around 100 pounds (squat has always been relatively weak compared to bench)
I’ve lifted weights before, including squats and bench. I’ve got the starting strength book.
In general I’m looking to improve functional strength and cardio. I’m not looking to be able to lift really heavy in gym. Or put on a ton of size. I’d prefer to optimize first for cardio, then for aesthetics, then for strength, In order of priority:
- I’d like to get to 9% bodyfat
- I’d like to run a 5km in sub 20mins
- Swim: Not sure, but I’d like to increase swim performance
- I’d like to increase my strength to Bench:150lbs http://strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press
- Squat: 200lbs http://strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/squat •
- I’d like to put on 5-10 pounds of muscle - but most of all I’m optimizing for body fat loss, while increasing strength to novice-ish levels.
I’m confident I can hit the right meal goals, as I’ve dropped down to 11% body fat fairly ‘easily’ by heating a bit cleaner.I may get a BodPod test
- 1g of protein p/pound:
- 120G - 150g protein
- No sugar, sweet, snacks except on cheat day
- Breakfast: 3 eggs, smoothie
- Lunch: Rice, Chicken, Salad
- Dinner: Sandwich, Pasta, health protein
- Supplements: Whey Protein, Caffeine
- M - Starting Strength program (beginning from start)
- T - rest
- W - Starting Strength program (beginning from start)
- T - rest
- F - Starting Strength (beginning from start)
- S - Swim
- S - Run
- Anything you’d change?
- Should I be looking to run more crossfit type programming than Starting Strength, if I'm looking to build functional strength?