Is there a name for a reverse push-up executed by pushing with the elbows?


enter image description here

  • Can you elaborate on why the name is significant?
    – rrirower
    Jul 5, 2017 at 15:35
  • @rrirower communication convenience Jul 5, 2017 at 16:20
  • In my opinion, if I were naming that exercise, I'd provide the name of the body part it works and the type of equipment it uses as part of its name. Something like: 'Lying reverse push ups for the upper back between two benches'. As it's currently written, it's kind of vague without seeing the actual movement.
    – rrirower
    Jul 5, 2017 at 18:59

1 Answer 1


Elbow assisted Victorian cross.

It's a Victorian cross, with reduced levers by sitting the weight on the elbows instead of the hands and it is assisted with the feet as support.

  • Doing it on TRX or dip bars/benches or rings doesn't change the name.... A bicep curl is still a bicep curl regardless of the equipment used.
    – user33400
    Jun 13, 2020 at 15:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.