there are many who has this muscle. I don't know the name of the muscle or how can I do it so open.I cut the picture from a bodybuilder just to show you this.How he did this ?I train my body abs ,chest ,legs, biceps, triceps etc but I want to obtain and those "opened muscles areas" Image -check it . I am not talking about obliques .Thanksthe muscle-better image

1 Answer 1


That is the Latissimus Dorsi, or most commonly called 'the lats'. A muscle group of the back.

Good exercises to build them are deadlifts, pullups and rows, or any pulling movement really.

  • +1 any pulling activity. Though pull-ups (wide grip) target them specifically.
    – John
    Commented Sep 22, 2017 at 8:48
  • Good point, added it to my answer. Commented Sep 22, 2017 at 8:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.