A few years ago I was doing seated lat pulldowns. The gym instructor came by and suggested an additional exercise. Using the same machine I stood up and started with my upper arms by my sides and my forearms parallel to the floor. I then pulled down, using forearms only, and back to start. I then did the reps that fitted with the rest of my routine. It seems like a good exercise but: a) Do you know what it is called please? b) Can you please tell me which muscles it works?

Thank you.

1 Answer 1


Sounds like a cable tricep pushdown.

enter image description here

It works your triceps in isolation, since this is the muscle that is used to extend your elbow joint. (Whereas the bicep is used to close the elbow joint.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.