I'm currently trying to assemble a little mobility routine for myself. I got two, a little more detailled, questions:
- When should I perform mobility exercises:
- Before the workout, in order to get the full range of motion?
- After the workout, in order to not tax the body to much before the workout (but with a light warmup before the workout of cause)?
- On a seperate day, and only lightly warming up before workouts?
- What exercises would such a mobility routine consist of:
- If the goal is to target increasing mobility in the whole body?
- Is it even practical/useful to target mobility in the whole body?
- Foamroller or Lacrosseballs would not be a problem, if needed. I already own these.
For workout routines the thinking is fairly easy to me. Hit every muscle in your routine and you're done (yes I know, pretty oversimplified, but essentially that's it). Whats the thinking for mobility routines? Hit every joint, maybe?
My overall mobility is pretty bad, so I want to improve it in order to prevent injuries while lifting weights and also increasing my range of motion in exercises like the squat.