I've heard so many different methodologies in training for basketball, but I'm not sure which is best. I've heard programs such as:
- running 3 miles
- Running Cooper Test (longest distance ran in 12 minutes)
- Runnning 30 second sprints with with 30 seconds rest (Repeat 10x)
- Perform HIIT in the weight room
- Tabata Training
- Dr. Yessis 1x20 for muscle conditioning
- Maintain below 160bpm for as long as you can, so body learns to burn fat more efficiently.
- Run beep/pacer test daily
I feel like it's all across the board when it comes to basketball conditioning. I know that probably all of these ways work somehow. But is there an ideal way or a reference that you can point me to give me clarity in regards to this matter? Or can you help me understand what goes into basketball conditioning?