Preamble: My situation
I do bodyweight exercise once a day and take lots of Protein in order to optimize MPS, mostly following the recommendations from jorn trommelen.
I prepare my shakes in a Vitamix, 0.6L container (As pointed out in this question, there shouldn't be a problem with that.) In order to optimize my routine, I want to minimize the time I need to prepare pre- and post workout shakes. A shake typically consists of
- a few ice cubes
- about 4 frozen strawberries
- 40g protein powder (I use a scoop to get the right amount)
Handling the protein powder itsself can be a bit annoying:
- protein powder will stick to the walls of the container, increasing the effort necessary to clean it afterwards.
- protein powder might spill in the kitchen, spill on top of the container, increasing the effort to clean even more
The idea is to
- pre-mix the protein powder
- pour the mixture into 125ml silicon ice-cube-tray (=> 40g powder per cube)
- freeze it and use the frozen cubes in the vitamix
- How many cubes would it make sense to pre-make based on:
- How long should I expect the pre-mixxed protein ice-cubes to last?
- Can I expect the protein to degrade in the freezer over time?
- Is there any other reason that this is a bad idea (mostly with respect to MPS)? Does anyone do this or have experience with it?