What is it called when you do a chinup but hold the chest away from the bar so the elbow makes a 90 degree angle at the top? I've been playing with this and found it gives a nice burn on triceps while making the pullup more difficult.

Does this exercise have a name?

1 Answer 1


Sounds like pulling to a position that is half way between a chin-up and a front lever.

I doubt there's any existing name for it, and very much doubt that it uses to triceps to any significant degree.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.