I'm a new user on this site.
Recently, I had an idea of training to get six-pack abs. Although I've been doing a lot of research (I'll show them to you below), I still can't find an effective way of training. What I mean is, first, I've searched for "how to get 6 pack abs", and I've found some exercises I can do to get abs (Sit-ups, crunches, reverse crunches, planks, side planks, and active straight leg raise). So far so good. The question is, when I searched for them one by one on the Internet, there started to be different opinions.
- Sit-ups. Some sites point out that doing sit-ups can never get you a six-pack:
A sit-up is actually the least effective abs exercise you can do. Doing 100 sit-ups a day will not change your body in the slightest. Source
- Crunches. The same, some sites say that crunches won't get you a six-pack:
Not only do they not target all the muscles you need for a six-pack, crunches may also set you up for injury. Source
- Reverse crunches. Well, some sites say that it's actually the most effective way of getting a six-pack.
The biggest benefit of this exercise is that it targets your rectus abdominis, your six-pack abs muscles as the primary function of this muscle is to flex your trunk and spine. Source
So there are many different voices about those training, so instead of risking to try only one or two of them, I decided to try all of them. Here's my plan:
- 80 Sit-ups - 3 sets
- 20 Crunches - 5 sets
- 100 Reverse Crunches - 3 sets
- 40 seconds Plank - 5 sets
- 20 seconds Active Straight Leg Raise - 5 sets
- 20 seconds Side Plank Left & Right Hands - 5 sets per each.
I'll provide some information for you to answer my following questions.
Body Fat: 9 ~ 10%
Age: 13 (I'm not located in the European Union, I'm in Taiwan, so I can use Stack Exchange as long as I'm 13 years old or older. Only users in the European Union should have the age of 16 or older. Source1, Source2 )
I think that's all information you need, but if other information is also required, you can tell me in the comments and I'll edit my question.
Ok, so my question is:
- Will I be able to get 6-pack abs in a month if I use my plan above? If not, what other abs exercise should I do?
Yes, I want to get it in a month, because I'm attending a swimming camp next month, and I really want to get abs before that. I'm doing the exercise every day, so it should be able to get abs in a month, no matter using my plan or if there are better and more effective ways. And please also note that I'm doing it at home, so I can't do exercises that require any equipment. And I'm also having a stable diet, so you don't have to consider about my eating habits when answering.