Just for the record I am not asking for any exercises/physical therapy advices, although if its allowed here, I would be very much thankful for these. I mainly want to know how I can describe the situation with a medical term. Like a word for it.

For the record: I had an ankle sprain on my RIGHT foot a while ago. The thing is that I can tild my foot inwards when standing, no problem. Its nearly the same as on the other foot. But when going into a knees over toes squat, I cant bend it inwards. Now, I have had an overpronation my whole life on both feet. When squatting I can as a result go with my knees way more over my toes than without it. Coming to my point: Due to my ankle sprain, I dont have overpronation on my right foot IN THE squat position anymore. Thats makes squatting a weird experience as I have to do something with my left foot to perform a nice squat. I feel like the outside of my foot near the fibula (where its reaching out) is hindering this inwards movement.

Whats the medical term for this not-being-able-to-tild-the-foot-inward thing? so I may find something on google about it. Thanks a lot!

1 Answer 1


It's hard to tell from your description, but I believe that you are referring to supination (outward roll of the foot during normal motion) and pronation (inward rolling of the foot during normal motion).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.