There are a number of cable machines I've maxed out at the gym, such as: leg extension, triceps cable push down, lying machine squat, etc.
Now I'm at the point where I'm doing 5 by 5 with very slow movements. How else can I take advantage of these machines for strength and size?
I've maxed out the following:
- Lying Machine Squat: 410 lbs @ 10+ reps.
- Triceps Cable Pushdown: 205 lbs @ 5+ reps.
- Leg Extension: 310 lbs @ 10+ reps.
I already do free weights for the above muscle groups: deadlifts, bench press with narrow grip & bent over dumbbell kickbacks.
To be clear with everyone, I already do all the major free weights exercises, so it's not a lack of willingness. I currently do:
- Shoulder Press: 140 lbs @ 5 reps
- Bench Press: 140 lbs @ 10 reps
- Dumbbell Arnold Press
- Front Shoulder Raise
- Dumbbell Bent over Delt Row
- Dubbell Lateral Raise
- Easy-bar Preacher Curl
But lets face it, cable machines make certain exercises a lot more convenient and they add a lot of variety.