I am 5'8", weigh about 155 lbs. I look rather fit except for my bulky belly.
For the past month or so, I have been running on the Planet Fitness treadmill. This week, I managed to run for 30 minutes (12 mins + 10 mins + 8 mins, with 4 mins and 6 mins break in between). My pace was 10 mins 21 seconds for a mile (5.8 on Planet Fitness treadmill). Also, I didn't use any inclination.
How should I continue from here:
- Should I increase the duration of the sets? To maybe 15 mins, 12 mins, 10 mins?
- Should I try to add another set of 8 mins?
- Should I try to decrease the break time between the sets?
- Should I try to increase the inclination a bit?
- Should I try to increase my pace, so that I do one mile under 10 mins?
BTW, I also do some light dumbbell exercises for ~15 mins after running.