I need suggestions for good home workouts that could grow bigger arms/biceps/forearms
I only know of push-ups. I am not sure if they are enough to make your arms bigger
I am looking for something without equipments
I need suggestions for good home workouts that could grow bigger arms/biceps/forearms I only know of push-ups.
A simple beginner routine could consist of
- push-ups targeting the triceps, pecs, and anterior deltoid.
- pull-ups targeting the lats, traps, posteriod deltoid, biceps, and teres major.
- squats targeting the glutes, quads, hamstrings, adductor, hip flexors, and calves.
I realize that you are only asking about growing your arms, so why did I include squats?
Research shows that working your legs actually boosts your testosterone. The increase in testosterone actually boosted the participants bicep curls. This means that if you skip leg day, you are also missing out on arm gains.
Also, I feel that I must add this. Without proper diet and sleep, exercise means very little.
Completely agree with Eric Warburton's answer above: Squats, Push ups, and pull ups should be your basis for training without equipment. When it comes to fitness I'd say the saying
"All roads lead to Rome"
is accurate. However, some are more effective than others. There is a plethora of options for you in the calisthenics area for training. I would recommend the youtube channel FitnessFAQs, a great bodyweight fitness youtube channel. Also, you should invest in a doorway pull up bar (around $20) it'll be a game changer. Since you are training bodyweight and I presume you currently do not own a pull up bar here would be my suggestion for a training regime. Since you have no weights you will be training until failure with bodyweight movements aiming to increase reps. You have mainly two options for training split, you can either:
- Train your full body all in one workout, multiple times a week. so you would do squats, push ups, and pull ups all in one workout with rest days between the workouts. Monday: workout. Tuesday: rest day. Wednesday: workout. and so on
- You can isolate a days workout to a certain group of muscles. the most common and probably the most effective is the push pull legs split. where you train your push muscles (chest, triceps) on one day, your pull muscles (back, biceps) on another and legs on the third. Monday: Push Tuesday: Pull Wednesday Legs and so on
How you train these I would suggest viewing some of FitnessFAQs videos on workouts.