This question already has an answer here:
- How to grow muscle while burning fat? 5 answers
Good day everyone. I've been wanting to improve my physique for some time now but I haven't still because I'm scared. I've been leading a very sedentary life and it's made me unhealthy and weak to a point I feel unattractive and don't have any confidence.
My goal is to lose a lot of fat and also gain muscle. Generally just getting that perfect body, like Chris Evans A.K.A Captain America. I want to shape all parts of the body.
- I'm scared because I've heard that if I don't do everything correctly, i.e eating right, exercising right it might actually worsen my physique.
- I don't have access to a gym, but I do own some equipment. I have a pair of 3KG (~7lbs) dumbbells, a treadmill, and a bench.
- I've tried doing weight-exercises with the dumbbells to build muscle with reference from www.dumbbell-exercises.com/ but I didn't feel any stress on my muscles. At first I thought the weights were too light but then I read articles where people say they've built a decent amount of muscle with light weights. So clearly I'm not exercising right.
- I've also tried body-weight exercises but it was the same. I didn't feel like they were having any effect. I might have also doing it wrongly.
- I don't have access to protein powder either.
What I don't know
- What exercises I need to do, how, when, or how much I need to exercise to achieve my goal.
- How to use the equipment that I have to benefit my goal.
- How much to eat, what to eat, and when with regard to exercising.
Those who have knowledge about physical fitness know how to plan their diet because they have an idea of how strenuous their workouts are. I do not have knowledge about physical fitness.
What I do know:
- I know that my goal is big and it will take a long time for me to achieve it.
- I know that diet is a big part of any body transformation.
- I know the basics of nutrition, i.e what a calorie is, what macro and micro nutrients are, what BMI is.
Age: 18 Height: 68in //Circumference Waist: 35in Hips: 39in Forearm: 10in Wrist: 6.2in Weight: 160lbs Fat percentage: 18.3% Fat weight: 29.3lbs Lean weight: 130.7lbs
My motivation behind doing so is that I want to feel more active and confident. And also because of my S/O.
The actual question
This may not sound like a question but please. I need guidance on how to achieve my goal based on the information I've given. I want to learn what I do not know.
You can advise me what do personally, give me some tips on getting started, or point me in the right direction.
If you require any other information I'll let you know. Thanks in advance!